Laser Dentistry Los Angeles
Recent advances in laser technology have allowed specially trained dentist, Dr. Eddie Siman, to perform comfortable laser sessions for his clients. Dental lasers are used for a variety of treatments. Just like nails, gums need a good manicure.
The Laser can be an excellent tool for gums and teeth in need of a makeover. With its micro-precision, the laser can perform magic. It is the greatest sculpturing tool to assist in creating the perfect smile. Give Your Smile a Makeover with Laser Dentistry
Lasers can also be used to:
- Treat sensitive teeth
- Reduce the need for anesthesia
- Comfortably remove abnormal lesions and treat ulcers without the use of a scalpel.
- Treat gum disorders
- Correct gummy smiles
There is a certain gum to tooth ratio that needs to be in proportion in order for a smile to look its best. When this proportion is out of sync, you can end up with a “gummy smile.” Your gums are the frame of your teeth. You want to always be certain that your teeth are the focus; just like you would want with a piece of artwork that is framed. The frame shouldn’t overpower the art. When this happens with your gums, laser dentistry is one of the best solutions to remedy your smile. The laser provides such precision that Dr. Siman can carefully sculpt your gums to give them just the right proportion. The best part is that the process is completely painless. Topical anesthesia is all that is needed to numb your gums, which means no needles are required. So whether your gums make your teeth look too short or if they make your teeth look uneven, laser dentistry is your pain-free solution to improving their appearance.
Restoring Gum Health
You may be surprised to learn that laser dentistry can also help restore the health of your gums. When a deep cleaning is not sufficient, a laser can be used to help remove periodontal disease or inflammation of your gums.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
The rapid recent growth in the utilization of lasers by the American dental community is the result of dentist’s awareness and acceptance of an overwhelming number of benefits to the patient, the dentist and the practice.
- Fear of needles: The best performing dental lasers can be used to perform almost all common cavity preparation procedures without the need for patient anesthesia. Patients don’t like injections, even when they don’t hurt!
- Dislike of numbness: Patients prefer not to become numb or leave the dental practice after a procedure numb. And, many patients feel anxious from physiological reactions to commonly used anesthetics. A high performance dental laser eliminates this negative.
- Dislike of drill noise and vibration: High-speed hand piece cavity preparation involves significant objectionable noise and vibration for the patient and they dislike it. The sound of a laser is not objectionable and no vibration is transmitted to the patient as the tip of the laser never even needs to contact the tooth!
- One stop shopping- General dentists find that ownership of a good quality laser with soft tissue surgery capability allows them to perform many more soft tissue procedures more simply, with little or no bleeding post operative due to a laser’s ability to coagulate as it cuts. This means referring their patients less to specialists. Patients prefer to have their dental procedures performed by the general dentist they know and trust and dislike referral to a strange specialist. Add to this that many soft tissue laser procedures can be performed without anesthetic and dislike of needles and numbness comes into play again.
- Preservation of healthy tooth structure: In general cavity preparations performed with lasers preserve more healthy tooth structure while avoiding the micro-cracking of healthy enamel associated with dental hand piece use.
- Less post-operative discomfort: Many laser procedures result in less post-operative discomfort for the patient.
- Better Overall Care: Equipped with laser technology, the dentist is armed with more and better treatment options than without a laser, resulting in delivery of the very best, state-of-the-art care possible for the patient.
The dramatic positive impact on the patient’s comfort and the perception of his or her dentist and dental care translates into benefits for the dentist:
- Less stress: delivering pain-free, shot-free, drill whine and vibration-free dentistry is less stressful for the dentist. The patient’s anxiety associated with traditional shot, numbness, and drill procedures is perceived by the attentive dentist and the dentist struggles to mitigate patient anxiety resulting in stress for the dentist himself. Eliminate patient anxiety through laser dentistry and stress melts away for dentist and staff.
- Dentistry becomes fun: Eliminate patient anxiety, eliminate dentist and staff stress, exceed patient expectations, and the result is fun! Dentists cite this positive benefit of laser usage over and over again in surveys.
- Improved dentist self esteem: Delighted patients and positive feedback from staff results in the dentist recognizing that he has raised the standard of care for his patients and elevated patient comfort to a new level. The dentist feels like a hero and knows he has made a fantastic decision for his patients and his practice. He looks forward to going to work in the morning and is proud to be a dentist!
As if the previously described dramatic benefits to the patient and the dentist personally were not enough, benefits to the practice also need to be considered.
- New patient attraction and patient retention: Patients whose expectations have been exceeded by no shot, no numbness cavity preparations and other advanced laser treatment options not only stay with their laser dentist, they tell their friends, family and coworkers about it resulting in new patient referrals.
- Eliminating most patient anesthetic and the chair time occupied by waiting for onset results in better patient throughput and a boost to practice efficiency. The new free chair time can be filled with new patients, new soft and hard tissue laser procedures or more free time for the dentist.
- Performing other common procedures with a laser boosts practice efficiency. For example, the laser allows fast and simple coagulation and bleeding control when needed during any procedure.
- Increased practice efficiency, new patients, and new soft and hard tissue procedures, all add up to increased practice income. Increased practice income can be used to keep your practice state of the art across all areas and to improve you and your staffs’ standard of living.
In summary, this exhaustive list of benefits associated with laser dentistry Los Angeles is what is driving dentists to use lasers nationwide and worldwide.